Monday 20 January 2014

Garlic Soup

Just back from a rather long trip from delhi. There is something about that place, i hated it while i was there but now i enjoy spending time in Delhi. May be now that I am merely visiting rather than living I can overlook the not so good part and instead enjoy the great parts. So despite the freezing weather I really enjoyed delhi, met some old friends and had some great street food :p


And the funniest thing happened , while I survived the freezing cold of delhi, I caught cold the moment I landed in bangalore :(.  So this gave me a chance to try out the Garlic Soup recipe i mentioned in my earlier blogpost   from my now favorite blog, Manger 

For my version of Garlic Soup, you need


Garlic - 1 large head, separate out the cloves
Onion - medium finely chopped
Olive oil - 1 table spoon
All purpose flour - 1 teaspoon
Chicken Stock - One large bowl - replace with vegetable stock for vegetarian version
Red wine vinegar- one splash
Thyme - few sprigs
Eggs (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste


Heat pan, add olive oil.

Add chopped onion and garlic, fry on low heat for a minute, ensure that heat is very low and onion and garlic dont turn brown.

Add flour and fry for another minute.

Add chicken stock and turn up the heat, bring the mixture to boil, add thyme.

Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.

Add a splash of vinegar.

Turn off heat .

Blend it to a soup like consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Strain and serve

If you are adding eggs, put the  soup back on heat, beat an egg, place the strainer on top of pan , add beaten egg through the strainer.

Turn off heat and serve hot !




Veg Garlic Soup


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews